Stouts Hill - A Brief History of the BuildingIt is known that properties on Stouts Hill already existed in the 15th century. The present house was built about 1743 to a design by William Halfpenny.
In 1776 the house was purchased by the Rev Lloyd-Baker who with his wife lived here until 1830. The next owner was Colonel Browne who with his family resided at Stouts Hill for the next 100 years.
The year 1935 saw the house change its character when it was leased to the Stouts Hill Boys Preparatory School. The school prospered and in 1970 purchased the property and continued to occupy it until 1980 when it was bought for Timeshare development and later converted to a Holiday Resort as it exists today.
Site designed by